How Can You Sing with Valley Echoes too??
Come out and visit us any Thursday evening!
- You’ll be placed in a section:
- Tenor (high range, usually a harmony)
- Lead (mid-range, usually the melody)
- Baritone (mid-range, usually a harmony)
- Bass (lowest range, usually a harmony)
- You’ll be given some sheet music, and given web access to some mp3 learning tracks in our Member's Only area
- You’ll have fun and begin an amazing journey with some incredible individuals.
Some Items to Note ... aka .. the small print
- You are not required to read music but it is helpful to recognize some of the common symbols
- Our members commit to attending weekly rehearsals and to practice between rehearsals
- Our members pay a small monthly fee to assist in paying for our facilities, coaches, our director and our membership in Sweet Adelines International
- We are expected to learn our music quickly and thoroughly – we do not hold music on the risers so we must know our notes and words
- During the time of virtual rehearsals, we are providing many opportunities for learning as well as singing in virtual choirs, small groups & quartets
- There is a visual component to our performance and sometimes complex choreography
- There are many local workshops covering topics ranging from breath control to choreography to showmanship to arranging and directing available to our members. Each February we have a private chorus retreat with an outside director/coach - an entire weekend full of learning & fun!